We have achieved the Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts. This recognises martial arts schools that can show that they provide excellent safeguarding practices.
It will empower parents and carers to make informed decisions when selecting a club or provider for their child or young person.
The Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts covers five broad areas:
- Policy: having a comprehensive safeguarding policy in place that has been updated in the last three years
- Procedures / systems: covering areas such as reporting concern, through to recruitment of staff and volunteers
- Practices: covering codes of conduct for children, coaches and parents through to practical guidance on the use of social media
- Education and training: ensuring that coaches are appropriately qualified and have undertaken safeguarding training
- Implementing and monitoring: ensuring that policies are reviewed regularly and that risk assessments are in place.
Our Safeguarding welfare officer is PSBN Alison Rogers and she can be contacted on 07765 830020 if you have any concerns.
Our children’s safeguarding policy can be found here:https://kuksoolwonofwestonsupermare.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/117/2022/01/Adults-Safeguarding-Policy-2022.pdf
Our adult safeguarding policy can be found here:https://kuksoolwonofwestonsupermare.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/117/2022/01/Adults-Safeguarding-Policy-2022.pdf
Our safe practice policy can be found here:https://kuksoolwonofwestonsupermare.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/117/2022/01/Safe-Practice-2022.pdf
Further information can be found at:
Childline: web – https://www.childline.org.uk/ or phone 0800 1111
NSPCC: email – firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0808 800 5000