We have successfully obtained the Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts which recognises martial arts schools who have reached and maintained excellent safeguarding standards. It will empower parents and carers to make informed decisions when selecting a club or provider for their child.
The code (which can be viewed here: Safeguarding Code) has been developed through close consultation between Sport England, representatives from martial arts governing bodies and those with years of expertise in safeguarding, including the Child Protection in Sport, the Ann Craft Trust and the National Working Group.
The Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts covers five broad areas:
- Policy: having a comprehensive safeguarding policy in place that has been updated in the last three years
- Procedures / systems: covering areas such as reporting concern, through to recruitment of staff and volunteers
- Practices: covering codes of conduct for children, coaches and parents through to practical guidance on the use of social media
- Education and training: ensuring that coaches are appropriately qualified and have undertaken safeguarding training
- Implementing and monitoring: ensuring that policies are reviewed regularly and that risk assessments are in place.
Our safeguarding policies can be found here:
Safe practice policy:
Our safeguarding officer is PSBN Alison Rogers who can be contacted on 07765830020 if you have any queries or concerns.
Alternatively, for further information contact
Childline: web – https://www.childline.org.uk/ or phone 0800 1111
NSPCC: email – firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0808 800 5000